New houses in the Cotswolds
Potter & Holmes have designed, constructed and sold a number of individual houses in the Cotswolds since 1999.
They are generally traditional in appearance externally but less so internally, with the following common features:
- A structural strategy which allows the layout of the house to be adapted to the changing needs of family life through time.
- Minimum dedicated circulation space, often with the main staircase part of a multi-storey atrium space incorporating the living room
- Strong spatial interlinking between rooms to allow the house to be flexible.
- An 'Annexe' which can be a used as a flat for teenagers or grandparents, a workspace, a home cinema or even tenanted.
- Optimum use of space, with galleried bedrooms to allow the sloping roof void to be incorporated into habitable accommodation.
- Well insulated Timber Frame clad in stone, timber or lime render.
These houses include:
- May Lane, Dursley - 5 bedrooms with basement
- Young's Orchard, Brimscombe - 5 bedrooms with annexe
- roadreach, Edge - 5 bedrooms with annexe
- Tythe House, North Woodchester - 5 bedrooms with workshop
- Knowle Cottage, Cranham - 5 bedrooms with annexe
Contract value: Range £150,000-£400,000
Client: The Adaptable Development Company Limited